Delta Capital Partners Management LLC, a global private equity firm specializing in litigation and legal finance, is pleased to announce the launch of a new business, Delta Credit Solutions (“DECDCS will offer a range of litigation funding credit solutions that meet the needs of plaintiffs, defendants, law firms and corporations worldwide.
Delta believes that traditional lenders do not treat litigation or arbitration claims, judgments or awards as valuable assets, and that Delta’s experience in equity-based litigation financing allows the company to recognize the value behind these types of claims. As a result, Delta now seeks to provide a suite of credit-based financing options to individuals, businesses, law firms and other professional services firms, financial institutions, investment funds and to other parties with direct financial interests in the outcome of litigation, arbitration or asset recovery.
Delta intends to offer several types of financing products through DCS, including:
- recourse financing for plaintiffs, respondents, corporations, law firms and other professional services businesses;
- non-recourse portfolio financing for larger portfolios of various claims, judgments or awards before and/or after settlement;
- non-recourse funding for the enforcement of court decisions and arbitral awards that have already been rendered, but have not yet been collected or are otherwise delayed;
- non-recourse capital facilities for law firms and other professional services firms, as well as for insolvency practitioners; and
- non-recourse financing in a senior senior credit tranche of an otherwise equity-based litigation financing investment.
Delta believes that such an array of litigation funding credit solutions will provide many benefits by providing capital on favorable terms that can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- funding new or pending litigation, arbitrations, investigations, asset recoveries or enforcement projects;
- expansion of business operations;
- fund operating expenses and/or capital expenditures;
- risk management and diversification; and
- distributions or dividends to partners, shareholders and/or employees.
By combining the credit underwriting process, capacity and cost of capital of a traditional lender with the flexibility and due diligence expertise of a lender, Delta believes it can provide optimal and personalized financing. Additionally, the bespoke nature of DCS’s products will allow law firms, other professional services firms and corporations to obtain liquidity by using their claims portfolios and contingencies as assets against which to rely. they can borrow.
Christopher DeLise, Founder, CEO and CO-CIO of Delta, said, “As the litigation and legal financing market continues to evolve, Delta has seen an increased demand for credit-driven financing arrangements for companies to professional services, businesses, financial institutions, and government entities can access profitable credit-based capital for a variety of purposes, including funding, growth, and de-risking their operations. We are excited to now be able to offer such solutions with Delta’s sourcing and underwriting expertise that will enable us to bring significant capital to bear in this exciting and growing area of litigation and legal funding. By launching DCS, Delta believes it can remain a funder of choice for sophisticated parties around the world.
Delta Capital Partners Management LLC is a global private equity firm specializing in litigation and legal financing, judgment enforcement, asset recovery and related strategies. Delta provides capital and related services to individuals, corporations, private equity funds, law firms and other professional services firms around the world seeking to hedge their financial exposure, reduce legal expenses, improve the likelihood of successful and timely resolution of claims, and maximize the efficiency of their core business.
Follow us on social networks