A global leader in climate finance solutions is looking for a financial accountant with a passion for the math and the impact to achieve net zero status.
Deadline: March 3, 2022
An AltGen client is looking for a strong sustainability financial accountant to join their winning team, someone who has worked in a company with multiple internal stakeholders scattered across the globe. Given the nature of the business and its extensive climate finance portfolio of clean infrastructure projects around the world, they need someone who would welcome the opportunity to travel internationally.
The candidate will be a professional who has a CA(SA), is exceptionally detail-oriented (nothing beats your thorough check), has a wealth of tax knowledge, and never misses a deadline.
You will find yourself managing treasury issues, creating and optimizing the best internal accounting processes and implementing the latest accounting standards. You will enjoy problem solving with challenging accounting concepts…in fact, you thrive on solving complex accounting problems!
If you’re ready to take on your next challenge and make a name for yourself with one of the world’s leading climate finance companies, this is your chance!
You are also interested in:
Renewable energy investments are uncoordinated, Oxford Africa study finds
- Chartered Accountant (CA) (SA) Diploma
- SAICA membership is a plus
- 2+ years of experience publishing articles in a commercial and/or corporate environment
- 4 to 6 years of experience at the senior management level
- Previous experience in financial and management accounting and reporting systems of a large company
- Excellent knowledge of tax issues and accounting standards
- Strong understanding of internal control systems and financial compliance issues
RESPONSIBILITIES: ACCOUNTING FINANCIAL SUSTAINABILITY
You will be responsible for ensuring that the firm’s accounting needs are in order and that all reporting, forecasting and budgeting issues are taken care of! This role requires someone who enjoys optimizing and improving systems and ensuring best practices are strictly adhered to.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail as well as analytical skills
- Computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office
- Extensive skills in financial and management accounting
- Ability to work well in the South African and international context
- Ability to work independently and manage others
- Evolve in a rapidly changing environment
APPLY HERE for the Sustainable Development Financial Accountant job posting via AltGen!